30 May 2007

Blog Break

Thanks to all the faithful blog-watchers. I have been on kinda an unintentional blogging break. While there has been plenty that I've been thinking of blogging about, I have kinda put a pause on blogging.

I was recently at a bloggers round table discussion where Mark said that one of his blog mottos (paraphrased) is "all positive". I have really tried to take that to heart. A positive outlook is rare in this world today, it is a choice... a difficult choice for some, but either way it is a daily choice. Your positive or negative outlook or attitude comes out in a plethora of ways in our lives. There have been many negative things that have happened to me and my family in the past year or so. These events have been great moments of learning, BUT by choice they haven't and won't shape who I am. That is the daily choice to make... do the events of life shape who we are or do we choose who we are.

I love the shirt from Big Dogs... attitude is everything.

3 comments:

Earl Thornton said...

Welcome back. Good advice. I missed hearing your heart and getting a glimpse into your process.
Remember "Deep Thoughts"?

jet said...

GOOD Stuff Erik. I need to take note.

Anonymous said...

I WAS JUST WANTING TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE THE ONE WHO TANKED YOUR FATHERS CAREER