New blogs appear on the internet all the time. So, what is a blog and who are these bloggers? Blog |bläg| (n) a Web site on which an individual or group of users produces an ongoing narrative ( blogged, blogging). Origin: a shortening of weblog.
If there are any questions as to whether you are one of these "bloggers", this might help...
Top 10 signs that you are addicted to blogging.
1. Bloglines, Google Reader or some other RSS reader is constantly open on your computer's desktop.
2. You tell customers that you missed a project deadline because "some things" came up but in reality, you were blogging.
3. You periodically dream that you are blogging.
4. You get inspiration for new blog posts at the strangest times - at meals, sitting on the toilet, sitting in traffic, in meetings, they wake you up in the night, you get the picture...
5. Before blogs, you used to tuck the kids into bed at night. Now you check for unapproved blog comments before heading to bed yourself.
6. In order for your family to keep up with what's going on in your life, they have to read your blog. Furthermore, if they want to communicate with you, they have to comment on your blog.
7. You have actually considered setting up a blog for your pet of which you would post the entries pretending you are your pet (weirdo).
8. You can't remember dates for your wedding anniversary, kids birthdays, etc., but you know what your Technorati rank is.
9. You blog about anything and everything including spam, foam parties, spring activities, people that laugh too loud, etc.
10. Keeping a blog is no longer enough but you now have to record your every move on Twitter.