04 April 2007

Falling woman saved by pile of...

Now I have heard of some crazy stories, but this one is unbelievable...

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese woman survived a plunge from a sixth-floor balcony thanks to a convenient pile of excrement which broke her fall, local media said. The accident happened when the woman was hanging out laundry on Monday in Nanjing, capital of the eastern province of Jiangsu, the Kuaibao tabloid said.

"Workers happened to be emptying the building's septic tank, which had not been tended for a long time and had regularly blocked sewage pipes," the newspaper said. "She probably stretched out too far and fell ... right on to a 20 cm-thick heap of excrement." The woman suffered only slight injuries, the newspaper said.

Lessons that can be learned:
• Never stretch too far when hanging clothes on a line or just use a dryer.
• You never know when a "mess" from someone else may help you out.
• Just when you think your life is over... you land in a pile of...

2 comments:

Dana said...

Yuck! I'm not sure what would be worse...dying or falling in that stuff...tomatoes get out skunk smell, but what gets out that smell? I guess, once I threw up a dozen times and bleached every pore in my skin, I'd be thankful that I didn't hit pavement, but still...it's just gross!

The Letter J said...

poop. i love poop.