26 January 2007

Trust

...is an area that continues to resurface in my life. Who can be trusted? This is such a tough issue. Trust makes me think of the Indiana Jones movie (side note: a new movie is coming out!)where he takes the step out into the unknown. After that trusting step he turns around and sees the safe ground he walked on.

I am thankful for people in my life that I know I can trust. I am being taught a difficult lesson... I am still in the process of learning it. I am not even quite sure how to put it into words, but... people do what suits them best. Trust is difficult to explain; it is something that has to be lived out. You can tell people they can trust you, but you have to prove that you can be trusted. I am thankful for Christ's perfect example of what it means to trust in the midst of challenging times.

The more I think about trust I realize that faithfulness and trust go together. It is so comforting that God's trust and faithfulness is perfect. God's faithfulness and trustworthiness is not dependent on human choices. I am thankful for His perfect example...

Still in the process of learning...

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I like what you had to say on this. It's very transparent. Trust is tough, sometimes you get burned, but there's nothing like finding those trustworthy people that God places in your path. I'm thankful for these people too!