01 January 2007

Happy New Year!

Another all-nighter finished. I know that it is uncommon, but for some odd reason I still think all night events are fun. There shouldn't be more than one in a year, but it is still fun. At our all night events there is NO sleeping. It is not a sleep over. The event is called an all-nighter for a reason.

Some of the highlights from this year:
  • Service that kicked the night off
  • Dodgeball (always a highlight)
  • Obi's dance during Joey's drum solo
  • Capture the flag that seemed it would never end.
  • Eating pizza at 3AM
  • Looking down at my watch at 5:45AM and wondering how many people are actually sleeping, which I should probably be doing
  • Relationships grown
  • Recognizing I shouldn't be staying up all night...
  • Feeling it right now that I shouldn't have stayed up all night.
  • Our leaders that stuck it out all night
  • Wondering why I think this is fun
  • Running the halls during capture the flag even when I am not playing
All night events are not something you want to do often, but occasionally, with the right people, in the right setting, with the right planning... it just might turn out fun.

Happy New Year!

No comments: