11 January 2007

Focus

Wednesday night I had to get out for a bit before small groups, so I went to work out. As I was running, I realized that there can be no distractions. As you are running you can't look to the left or to the right, you have to keep your eyes focused straight ahead. Lately that have been A LOT of distractions. I am determined to keep my eyes on Jesus and focus straight ahead, not looking to the left or right at the distractions.

So, I thought I would share a couple verses that have meant a lot to me lately...

Hebrews 12:1-3 (NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Proverbs 4:22-24 (MSG) Dear friend, listen well to my words; tune your ears to my voice. Keep my message in plain view at all times. Concentrate! Learn it by heart! Those who discover these words live, really live; body and soul, they're bursting with health. Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that's where life starts. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth; avoid careless banter, white lies, and gossip. Keep your eyes straight ahead; ignore all sideshow distractions. Watch your step, and the road will stretch out smooth before you. Look neither right nor left; leave evil in the dust.

No comments: