22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

It was a great day being thankful with family and enjoying a spread of great food. My son was most excited about having "smarshmallows", but there is a rule around our table that if you eat the "smarshmallows" you have to eat the yams also... no "smarshmallow" stealers.

This year my daughter initiated the table conversation of having everyone share what they are thankful for. I am super proud of my little girl wanting to hear what others are thankful for and share what she is thankful for.

I have so many things to be thankful for...
• An amazing wife: she's the best, she's hot, I admire her godly spirit. She rocks!
• Beautiful, smart and healthy kids they are SO much fun.
• A tight-knit family. We've had quite the year.
• Friends that have been so wonderful, encouraging and loyal.
• Fresh starts...

All in all it was a great day. After a late night of driving and defrosting locks, sleep finally came around 3AM. I enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and delicious pies, naps (yes, more than one) and playing in the snow with my kids. There really is so much to be thankful for...

No comments: