26 September 2006

Weakness

Last Friday evening the football team I coach with played the defending state champions at our homecoming game. Our humiliating loss has really pointed out our weaknesses as a team. It was probably one of the most difficult losses that I have experienced. I hate losing! In the weakness of losing there can be a lot learned.

Lately I feel that I have been in an uphill both ways, losing battle. My weaknesses seem to be exaggerated and pointed out more often. This is never fun. Weaknesses are humiliating. Rather that fight the weakness maybe the best thing that I can do is to embrace it.

2 Corinthians 12:9, But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

More than anything I want to experience Christ's power in my life. If His power comes through my acknowledgement of my weaknesses, then so be it.

No comments: