01 January 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! 2008 started quite differently than many others I've experienced... for the most part it included a reasonable amount of sleep.

The best part about my New Year's Eve celebration was being able to spend it with my family. Probably the most fun of the night came in a visit to the grocery store with my kids. We had a blast! They were running the isles and chasing each other through the candy section. I am sure that we were the "crazy loud people", but it's good to be those people once in a while.

As I think back on 2007, I am so glad to close the door and shake the dust off of this past year. It was probably the worst year I've experienced. In a recent conversation with a co-worker, he tried to give a trite explanation consisting of "maybe it was God's way of directing you...". Maybe it's just me but I don't think God works that way. I have come to know God's and His love for me. That includes the way He guides me. I am thankful to be starting a new year.

As this new year starts, I am reminded of a verse that helped me through '07... that I can make my plans, but God will direct my path. I am thankful that God is directing my path... I pray that He's directing yours. I am excited to see where He leads this year.

1 comment:

Earl Thornton said...

AMEN to everything you've said.
You are right on!